NILS Process & Eligibility
The next step of the process
On this page you can find out if could be eligible to receive the NILS service and find out more about the application and approval process.
Am I Eligible for NILS?
To be eligible for NILS you must:
Have a Health Care Card/Pension Card
OR earn less than $45,000 a year (after tax).
3 Months at current address
You must have resided at your current address for at least 3 months.
Show a willingness and capacity to repay the NILS loan.
Use the eligibility questionnaire below to check if you are able to apply for a NILS loan.
What is the Process?
There is a process to attaining a NILS loan:
Enquire about loan application or making a booking now by ringing 0487 993 931.
Bring ALL your documentations to the appointment. If you don’t have all the documentation together, you can still start your loan application and then follow up.
Once ALL of your documentations are submitted, your loan application will be assessed.
Your application approval should occur within 48 hours.
Attend the 45 mins appointment @ agreed venue.
Information Required Before Attendance
- A copy of your payslips if you are working.
- Your Health Care Card, Pension Card, Low Income Card or Department of Veterans’ Affairs Card and photo proof ID
- Bank and credit card statements for the past 3 months of all accounts.
- A copy of your latest electricity and/or gas bill.
- Proof that you have lived in your current home for at least 3 months. For example if you rent, please provide a lease or a letter from the person you pay rent to. If you own your own home, please bring a local council rates notice or receipt or Mortgage Account statement about 3 months’ worth.
- A copy of any other loan or lease agreements or statements. For example, do you rent a TV, have a personal loan or are you paying off a mortgage?
- Your latest Centrelink Deduction Statement and Detailed Income and Asset Statement. If you have trouble accessing this, ask us during your meeting and we may be able to help you.
- An estimate of other expenses. For example, fortnightly food/groceries, telephone/mobile, health related costs, child care, child support, personal expenses (e.g. haircuts, clothing, entertainment, etc.) and, if applicable – smoking costs, car, public transport, etc.
Are You Eligible?
Do You Have Questions?
Get in contact with us to begin the NILS process or find out more.