NILS Process & Eligibility
The next step of the process
Am I Eligible for NILS?
To be eligible for NILS you must:
Have a Health Care Card/Pension Card
3 Months at current address
Use the eligibility questionnaire below to check if you are able to apply for a NILS loan.
What is the Process?
There is a process to attaining a NILS loan:
Attend the 45 mins appointment @ agreed venue.
Information Required Before Attendance
- A copy of your payslips if you are working.
- Your Health Care Card, Pension Card, Low Income Card or Department of Veterans’ Affairs Card and photo proof ID
- Bank and credit card statements for the past 3 months of all accounts.
- A copy of your latest electricity and/or gas bill.
- Proof that you have lived in your current home for at least 3 months. For example if you rent, please provide a lease or a letter from the person you pay rent to. If you own your own home, please bring a local council rates notice or receipt or Mortgage Account statement about 3 months’ worth.
- A copy of any other loan or lease agreements or statements. For example, do you rent a TV, have a personal loan or are you paying off a mortgage?
- Your latest Centrelink Deduction Statement and Detailed Income and Asset Statement. If you have trouble accessing this, ask us during your meeting and we may be able to help you.
- An estimate of other expenses. For example, fortnightly food/groceries, telephone/mobile, health related costs, child care, child support, personal expenses (e.g. haircuts, clothing, entertainment, etc.) and, if applicable – smoking costs, car, public transport, etc.
Are You Eligible?
Do You Have Questions?
Get in contact with us to begin the NILS process or find out more.